Random Ramblings about stuff I see going on in biotech, internet and the stuff I read.

Monday, November 14, 2005

More not to do at an interview....

Don't, and I base this on several from today
  • Wear a T-shirt with a sport coat over it. Some stylish T-shirts, OK. Not a crappy white one.
  • Say "This is my dream job" with stars in your eyes. If your impressed by me, I am not by you, as you will be working with people smarter than me. We pay people to give good solid answers and use their brains, not blow smoke up our rears. IF - I read it wrong, and you were trying to brown nose your way to a job, then your horrible at it and you should move on...
This may be a continuing thread over time, and I am sure HR people have many worse stories of people doing horrible stuff, but I always imagine those people at lower level positions. Both people mentioned above have high level degrees. Conclusive proof that education doesn't actually teach you useful stuff.

No comments: