Random Ramblings about stuff I see going on in biotech, internet and the stuff I read.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

the MpX 220 sucks camel balls

I have an MpX220, and I have updated the firmware 2X so far and it still sucks camel balls.

It shuts off when I am done with a call, unless I hang up before flipping closed the lid. Sometimes it just shuts off becuase it is bored. I can think of no other reason. I have now trained myself to check on my phone occasionally just to make sure it is on, which is a bit stupid. The device should work the way I do, not the other way around.

It loses track of time. Sometimes it just decides that it is last year now. Once it decided it was 10 years from now. That would be less annoying if it didn't change the month and day and time as well, as I can keep track of what year it is. The rest.... not so good at.

At my work, I go to the basement and I lose signal... that is fine. When I come back upstairs I would expect it to get back the signal... Thanks for playing. Won't repick up signal unless I shut it off and turn it back on.

I don't know if the problem is the phone, which would be motorola's fault, or the software which would be microsofts fault,

So I want one of these.... moto Q as that is obviously the answer. The problem is that it runs Microsoft sofware as an operating system as well....and it's a Motorola. SO - the fact that my current motorola running a Microsoft operating system makes me unhappy should mean that I should learn from my mistakes. Fat chance of that happening, as I do suffer from "shiny shiny" syndrome, and must have new toy.

So, here I am. I love the way the MpX220 sync's with Outlook, as I now have the same contacts/phone numbers on my Phone, Palm, and outlook. This rules. I will never be able to tolerate a phone with less than this ability. BUT - it can't be counted on to actually behave as it should, so I don't trust it.

And now I want it's grandchild.

No comments: